About Katie Curtin
Why Consider Coaching with Me?
First of all, I know the terrain–I’ve been an activist, an artist, a healer, a community organizer, and a lifelong traveller. I am willing to take risks and have often jumped off cliffs in the interest of living a bigger and more fulfilling life. I have had my share of life challenges, and come through them.
Here are a few examples:
- After witnessing the killing of my former life partner, Peter, in 1995, in an armed robbery in Mexico, I worked through the rough terrain of loss and trauma and discovered the alchemical possibilities of grief.
- I hitchhiked through Northern China and Tibet.
- I participated in a brigade to build a daycare center in Nicaragua.
- I gave birth to my son Tonatiuh, a sweet miracle, just before my 46th birthday.
Hear from my clients...
Who Is Katie Curtin?
Well, I am not a “barbie doll” coach who has got it all together and all that American Dream crap.
I am some who is warm, authentic and real, challenging, creative and oh so committed to the people I work with. I will go the extra mile with you so that YOU are living up to your talents. I am highly intuitive and am able to tune in with your deeper needs and values.
I am also someone who…
I have over twenty years of experience as a
professional theatre artist, mask maker and arts educator, performing, designing, writing and directing, as well as facilitating over forty artist residencies in schools across Ontario.
My Formal Education and Training
- Coach’s Training and Certification with the Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Certified Financial Alchemy Coach
- B.A. in Drama, Bishop’s University, Quebec
- Workshops and courses in the visual arts, mask making, puppetry, voice, mime, movement and storytelling
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Healing through Storytelling and Myth
- Holistic Health & Stress Management
- BodyTalk Access
Grief, Death and Dying
- Certificate in Bereavement Education, Adler School
- Working with the Dying, Toronto Hospice Training
- Gitche M’Qua Centre for Healing and Dying
My Personal Call to Action:
To explore the possibilities,
call me at 647-930-4817.
I hope you use this site as a valuable resource for designing a life which helps you use all your passions and creativity to both realize your unique gifts and to help foster positive social change.