Why Consider Coaching with Me?
First of all, I know the terrain–I’ve been an activist, an artist, a healer, a community organizer, and a lifelong traveller. I am willing to take risks and have often jumped off cliffs in the interest of living a bigger and more fulfilling life. I have had my share of life challenges, and come through them.
Here are a few examples:
- After witnessing the killing of my former life partner, Peter, in 1995, in an armed robbery in Mexico, I worked through the rough terrain of loss and trauma and discovered the alchemical possibilities of grief.
- I hitchhiked through Northern China and Tibet.
- I participated in a brigade to build a daycare center in Nicaragua.
- I gave birth to my son Tonatiuh, a sweet miracle, just before my 46th birthday.
Yeah, and there are lots of times when I sat on my butt, going around in circles, complaining about my life and the world and just generally playing small. I’ve been there and been frustrated and know what you’re going through.
Who Is Katie Curtin?
Well, I am not a “barbie doll” coach who has got it all together and all that American Dream crap.
I am some who is warm, authentic and real, challenging, creative and oh so committed to the people I work with. I will go the extra mile with you so that YOU are living up to your talents. I am highly intuitive and am able to tune in with your deeper needs and values.
I am also someone who…
- is really good at brainstorming the ideas that allow you to create a lifestyle that suits your personality and talents.
- helps you get past any limiting beliefs that keep you stuck in the same old, same old…
- has a positive, yet honest approach to life
- is hard to shock (this gives you lots of room to be who you are)
- is comfortable with a full range of emotions, so whether you laugh, cry, rage or are quietly serene I can be with you where you are
My clients have reported outstanding results in dissolving creative blocks, overcoming challenges and loss, and in creating innovative and creative lives which encompass their multitude of interests.
I have over twenty years of experience as a professional theatre artist, mask maker and arts educator, performing, designing, writing and directing, as well as facilitating over forty artist residencies in schools across Ontario.
My Formal Education and Training
As a life-long learner, and person who is always reinventing herself, I am constantly taking workshops and courses which deepen my coaching expertise and knowledge. I bring to my clients cutting edge personal growth techniques. I also incorporate my knowledge and experience in the arts, holistic healing and energy work, social entrepreneurship, and bereavement and loss.
- Coach’s Training and Certification with the Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Certified Financial Alchemy Coach
- B.A. in Drama, Bishop’s University, Quebec
- Workshops and courses in the visual arts, mask making, puppetry, voice, mime, movement and storytelling
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Healing through Storytelling and Myth
- Holistic Health & Stress Management
- BodyTalk Access
Grief, Death and Dying
- Certificate in Bereavement Education, Adler School
- Working with the Dying, Toronto Hospice Training
- Gitche M’Qua Centre for Healing and Dying
My Personal Call to Action:
“Stop Trying to Fit In! Blast Through the Restrictions That Hold You Back and Really Make a Difference!”
I am issuing a challenge to all of you creative and community conscious people to get up and create a life design that both jazzes you up and helps the planet at the same time. My programs are for those who can think beyond the despair of the times and live beyond the rules of how things are supposed to be.
Hell, we need to do this. AND DO THIS FAST!
It’s a time of unprecedented challenges as the global environment careens out of control and as insane wars continue to rip across the world. And at the same time, there’s a groundswell of wonderful alternatives, beautiful ways to create happiness and abundance on this planet.
Which side are you on? And I don’t just mean inside your head or in a lively discussion.
How are YOU making a difference?
To explore the possibilities, call me at 647-930-4817.
I hope you use this site as a valuable resource for designing a life which helps you use all your passions and creativity to both realize your unique gifts and to help foster positive social change.